Music Director of the Rocky Mountain Symphony Orchestra, Carlos' artistic leadership has been described as keenly sensitive, grand and confident, and breathtakingly musical. While not foreign to wind and choral idioms, he now works primarily in the Symphonic and Operatic genres, and seeks out opportunities to work on interdisciplinary collaborations combining some or all of: orchestra, singers, actors, dance, film, projection, and electronics.
Carlos is available as a Opera & Symphonic Guest Conductor. Inquire about clinic and adjudicating dates.
He has premiered a number of large-scale works.
- Ballet "Dance of the Three Empires" (2017) by Claude Lapalme (10')
- Opera "General Mi and the Pastry Chef" (2017) by Yang Guang (15')
- Singers, Orchestra, GuZheng & Electronics
- Zenkora Universe (2017) by Wesley Chu (90')
- Gods of Olympus (2016) by Kevin J. Ponte (30')
- Opera "Annie Davison" (2015) by Arthur Bachmann (120')